Each of us has a story to tell. Each story is different, but has a common thread throughout: we all bear the marks of some painful and often times unresolved wounds which prevent us from experiencing “the more abundant life” Christ promised.
Walking Worthy is a 26-week journey which allows you to funnel your life hurts and disappointments through the grid of Biblical truth and practical application. If the abundant Christian life seems to be eluding you, Walking Worthy may be the place where the victory that Christ offers becomes a reality.
At the end of the 26-week journey, participants should be able to understand and resolve the following:
- The power of destructive thought patterns and influence in one’s life. “For as he thinks within himself, so he is.”
- Rejection and how to resolve its painful residue.
- Shame and its toxic effect.
- Remove the protective mask of perfectionism.
- Rid self of resentment and bitterness.
- Learn how to extend and receive genuine forgiveness.
- Learn to practically implement the illusive but sacred command to “love one another as we also have been loved.”
- Time: Meetings are held once a week for three hours for 26 weeks.
- Location: Woodland Park Baptist Church, 6735 Standifer Gap Road.
- Cost: $15.00 per session, with 10% discount if paid in full. Scholarships will be available based on individual’s need. The cost is to cover curriculum development and course maintenance.
- Retreat Information: Each participant in the program should make plans to attend a retreat which will be the final class for the course. The retreat will begin Friday afternoon and end Saturday afternoon. Location will be announced during the course.
Those desiring to be a part of the next Walking Worthy class should fill out the Walking Worthy Application by clicking here and turn it in to the Counseling Ministry office.
For more information, please contact the Care Ministry office at 423.899.9186, ext. 137.